Youth Alliance is a non-profit 501c(3) corporation that has been designated by the state of Missouri to serve as a local governance partnership, the decision-making entity that partners with the state of Missouri and local communities to plan, develop, finance and monitor strategies designed to achieve our six core results.
Engaging community partners to improve the lives of children and families.
The lives of children and families are improved.
Youth Alliance is a non-profit 501c(3) corporation that has been designated by the State of Missouri to serve as a local governance partnership—the decision-making entity that partners with the State of Missouri and local community to plan, develop, finance, and monitor strategies designed to achieve the Core Results of:
- Parents working;
- Children and families safe;
- Children and families healthy;
- Children ready to enter school;
- Children succeeding in school; and
- Youth ready to enter productive adulthood.
Incorporated in 1994, Youth Alliance works to promote the voice of the community. Specifically, our responsibilities include:
- Assisting the community in creating a community-wide agenda to link resources and services;
- Targeting specific community priorities to improve results for children and families;
- Assuring active involvement of diverse community partners;
- Securing, leveraging, and redirecting public and private resources to help families;
- Tracking, recording, and reporting annually on progress toward key results;
- Engaging and collaborating with others to achieve better results for children/families;
- Promoting best practices and lessons learned with others; and
- Serving as an information clearinghouse.
Staff Memberships and Organizational Representation
Community Anti-Drug Coalition of America, Member
Community Volunteer Resource Network Member
Continuum of Care, Member
Drug Free Community Coalition, Organizer
Greater St. Joseph Children’s Fair Organizer
LEAD Committee Member
No Limb-itations, Organizer
Missouri Advisory Council on Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Past Board Chair, Member
My Success Event Former Steering Committee Member
Nation Association Family Child Care (NAFCC), Member
Noyes Home Children’s Nursery Committee, Member
Parents As Teachers Advisory Council, Member
Sexual Assault & Family Violence Council, Member
St. Joseph Community Coalition Child Abuse Prevention, Organizer
Success by 6 Quality and Accreditation Committee Member
Success by 6 Partners, Board Member
Success by 6 Kindergarten Readiness Committee Member
Unmet Needs Committee, Member
Workforce Investment Board, Board Member